If you've incorporated your business, then Apple will require you to register as a Corporation to have your app published on the App Store. If you submit your app under an Individual account in your name, it will be rejected.You must enroll as an organization if your company is a registered company such as Corporation (Corp., Inc.), Limited Liability Company (LLC, LC, Ltd. Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg, etc.).If you are a sole proprietorship you must register as an Individual. Apple does not accept DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches for enrollment as a company/organizationBenefits of an Organization account:
- You can invite developers to access your account
- You can choose the name that will be displayed on the stores as the Developer of the app - this will match your company name e.g. Business Inc.
- Apple will know you're authorized to act for the company and will not challenge your use of your own brand name and content
Convert your registration
To change your account to a Corporate account, submit a request to Apple Developer Program Support.
- Navigate to the Contact Us form on Apple Developer's Program pages.
- Log in with the Apple ID and Password
- Select your Region.
- Choose Account Updates and Renewals as your Subject.
- Enter a message with text along these lines
- "I'd like to convert my account from Individual to Organization. This will be our only Organization account.Here are the information regarding the company:
- CEO/Director Name: First and Last Name.
- Company Name: Your Company Name, including Ltd or Inc.
- Account Type: Organization.
- D-U-N-S Number: your Company's DUNS number.
- Address: Your Company's Legal Address.
- Phone Number: Your mobile phone or another phone number where you can be reached
Apple will call to verify your enrollment. They'll then send you an email with a link to a form for you to fill out more info about your Company.Organizations enrolling in the Apple Developer Program will need:
- Legal Entity StatusYour business must be recognized as a legal entity (e.g., a corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company) to enter into the legal terms and obligations of Apple Developer Program. The legal entity name will appear as the developers for apps you distribute on the App Store. Example: Seller: ABC Company, Inc.
- A D-U-N-S NumberYou must have a D-U-N-S Number so that Apple can verify your organization’s identity and legal entity status. Learn more about what is a DUNS number and how you can get one for your company.
- Legal Binding AuthorityYou must have the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements. You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
- A WebsiteYour Company needs a public website and your domain name should be owned by the company.