In this article, we'll give you a brief overview of Swipecart, how it works, and the pros and cons. We'll compare it to 5 different Swipecart alternatives including our own platform, MobiLoud, which we believe is the ideal choice for serious businesses to convert web stores to professional eCommerce apps.
What is Swipecart?
SwipeCart is a drag-and-drop app-builder for WooCommerce and Shopify. It has a wide suite of features and pre-built integrations, and is generally well reviewed by users.
Now let's take a look at Swipecart's pricing.
Swipecart has 4 tiers of pricing.
- Starter: $49/mo
- Basic: $99/mo
- Advanced: $199/mo
- Enterprise: $299/mo
The Starter plan is quite basic with unlimited push notifications, native Android and iOS apps, 1 standard integration, and 1 standard plugin. If you want advanced features and up to 6 plugins and standard integrations, you can upgrade to either the Basic or Advanced plans. The Enterprise plan is for those who want to get all plugins and integrations for their app. These plans may be cheap and affordable however, they do not offer advanced analytics or dedicated support.
Swipecart Pros & Cons
Swipecart is based on a series of pre-built templates. On their own, these templates are basic and bare-bones, giving just enough functionality for a simple eCommerce app. If you want to extend the functionality, you'll need to rely on Swipecart's plugins.
Now we've had an overview of the tool, its pricing, and its pros and cons. It's time to move on and start looking at some Swipecart alternatives, starting with our own site-to-app platform, MobiLoud.
Swipecart Alternative #1: MobiLoud
MobiLoud powers thousands of top apps, and allows you to convert your site into native eCommerce apps in just days, for a fraction of the cost of custom development.
Our eCommerce app platform integrates with any CMS - whether it's Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop or any other - and let you reuse every plugin, feature and functionality from your main web store.
MobiLoud is the best way to convert your web store into native eCommerce apps for iOS and Android, as well as the best alternative to Swipecart.
There are several key reasons why:
- No templates, no blocks, no APIs - we don't restrict you to our pre-built front-ends, we allow you to convert your web store completely, and to reuse all your existing plugins, themes, and tech stack.
- Keep what works - you already built your ideal site for the web, tweaking it endlessly for conversions and sales. With MobiLoud you can translate that directly into m-commerce native apps, without needing to reinvent the wheel. You already did the hard part, we handle the rest!
- Easy Management - many app builder platforms like Swipecart gives you an extra CMS to manage, adding work for you and your team. Since MobiLoud apps sync with your web store in real time, this work is eliminated, you just need to keep managing and updating your store as usual, and if you want to change something specifically for the apps, use our easy no-code UI.
- Done for you - there's no need for you to fiddle, drag-and-drop, or waste time trying to set the apps up. You just need to tell us any special requirements, add some key information, and our team handle all technical aspects of the app build including submissions to Google Play and the AppStore.
We have two standard pricing tiers:
- Startup - For fast launching and validation: $170/month
- Growth - Perfect for more established businesses: $382/month
We also have custom, corporate plan for more demanding projects. Read more about our pricing here.
The difference between MobiLoud and Swipecart is clear.
While Swipecart is for simple apps reliant on pre-built themes and plugins, MobiLoud is a flexible platform for thriving eCommerce brands. We allow you to go way beyond templates, leveraging the entire ecosystems of Shopify, WooCommerce, and beyond in the apps.
Want to skip the rest and get your questions answered by one of our team?
Now we've blown our own trumpet, here are a few other Swipecart alternatives that you're likely to see around the web.
Swipecart Alternative #2: Plobal Apps
Plobal is another app builder for Shopify. It's generally good, with a simple design process and many integrations, but it's not perfect. The main problem, as we've seen with other similar platforms, is that you can't really recreate your store's features or reuse your existing tech stack and plugins. If Plobal doesn't have a pre-built integration you need, you're in a bind.
Plobal Apps Pricing
Plobal Apps has three plans:
- Growth - basic features with 4 standard integrations - $199/mo
- Essential - enhanced features with 7 standard integrations - $499/mo
- Enterprise - premium features and unlimited advanced integrations - starts at $1199/mo
The more costly the plan is, the more customizability and benefits you get.
Swipecart Alternative #3: Shop2App
Shop2App is an app builder focused on Shopify stores, offering a variety of features and integrations. It is well-regarded for creating decent apps. However, as a drag-and-drop, block-based builder, it also has limitations and will again will not be able to replicate your web store's existing features and functionality. Also, it's on the pricier end.
Shop2App has 3 plans:
- Basic - basic features - $299/mo
- Growth - enhanced features with 2 integrations - $699/mo
- Enterprise - premium features and 4 integrations - starts at $1299/mo
The more costly the plan is, the more customizability and benefits you get.
Swipecart Alternative #4: Tapcart
Tapcart is an easy-to-use app builder that enables businesses to create mobile apps for Shopify without coding expertise. It's commonly used by small and medium-sized eCommerce businesses. However, some users may find the templates and blocks less versatile in comparison to a solution like MobiLoud.
Tapcart has three plans:
- Core - 15 blocks, basic features, and basic integrations - $200/mo
- Ultimate - unlimited blocks, advanced features, and integrations - $400/mo
- Enterprise - unlimited custom blocks, dedicated customer success manager, and premium integrations - $1K/mo
The more costly the plan is, the better app features and benefits you get.
Swipecart Alternative #5: Vajro
Vajro is a Shopify-focused app builder known for its affordability and appeal to smaller eCommerce ventures. By using templates and drag-and-drop widgets, they create branded apps that connect to Shopify through API. Yet, the heavy reliance on templates will prevent you from fully recreating the functionality of your web store, even on higher-tier plans.
Vajro has four plans:
- Starter - basic features and integrations - $99/mo
- Core - advanced features and integrations - $249/mo
- Premium - premium features and integrations - $499/mo
- Plus - premium features, integrations, and priority support - $999/mo
The more costly the plan is, the better app functionalities and benefits you get.
Let's Build Your eCommerce Apps
We've looked at a few Swipecart alternatives, and given you some key information about each.
As we've seen, many of these tools share the same fatal flaws. On the one hand - their reliance on blocks, themes, templates, and pre-built widgets does allow you to build and launch (some kind of) eCommerce app fast, affordably and easily compared to custom development. On the other, this same reliance puts you and your brand in a straightjacket.
It means that you will only ever approximate your web store, and you'll be forever at the mercy of whatever pre-built features they have as well as whatever data they can fetch via API (which can change). The apps will be a branded shell with some of your data pulled in and not much more.
While this is OK for simple stores is basic and small product ranges and features, this will almost always be a deal breaker for serious eCommerce brands. You probably have a finely-tuned tech stack, along with all the plugins, third-party integrations, and custom features you need to drive sales and revenue optimally. To discard all this hard work for cookie-cutter apps with your logo on will rarely make strategic sense.
That's why, although we're biased of course, we believe MobiLoud is not only the best Swipecart alternative but a superior alternative to every eCommerce mobile app builder on the market.
The first key reason: we allow you to reuse everything from your site in the apps.
If it already works well on the mobile web, it'll be even better as iOS and Android apps. It makes no sense to ditch that winning formula and those painstakingly chosen tools just to compromise with restrictive templates. That's too much of downgrade from what you've already built, and with MobiLoud - unnecessary. Keep what already works.
The second core reason: it's so simple to manage MobiLoud apps.
Platforms like Swipecart will often add hours per week to your workflow with effectively a new CMS to manage. In contrast - MobiLoud apps sync in real time with your site. There's no need to manually add new product lines, update pricing, or worry about keeping the apps up to date. The apps will reflect changes and updates to your site instantly.
This goes for any core changes you make to your site too. You can switch out plugins, pull off a major rebrand, or build whatever custom functionality you choose. It doesn't matter what it is - it'll work straight out of the box in the apps, which can grow with your brand into the future.
On top of this, our team handle any ongoing updates and maintenance needed as part of our service, along with all fiddly aspects of the app build and bringing them live to Google Play and the AppStore. We work with you to ensure your apps are a success, and we're only ever an email or phone call away.
MobiLoud allows you to combine the best of the web with the best of native apps. It's a winning formula, check out the success these eCommerce brands have had:
Over 1000 other businesses have used MobiLoud to build winning apps - and you can too.
Unlike with Swipecart, there's no risk. We don't do long-term contracts and we'll refund you if you're unhappy with the apps. If you're like most of our eCommerce customers - the apps will pay for themselves almost immediately.
It all starts with a call with one of our app experts, where we go over your exact requirements for the apps and answer your questions.