There are many ways to make money from your website and content. Selling advertising space (or displaying affiliate ads) is of course one of the best.
While this sounds easy enough, you will face many challenges along the way. In addition to the actual sales process, you have to upload and manage advertisements. Furthermore, optimizing the ads for the best possible performance is of utmost importance.
Is your website powered by WordPress? If so, you are in luck, as there are plugins that can handle the entire ad management process for you.
Here are the five best plugins to optimize advertising on your site:
- Advanced Advertising System. If selling advertising is on your mind, this is the plugin for you. Not only is it free, but it comes with all the features you have been dreaming of. You can upload your own images, set different rates for different spots, schedule ads, customize rotation times, and much more. It takes some poking around to become familiar with the backend, but once you are on the right track there is no stopping you.
- Advanced Ads. Powerful and lightweight, this plugin allows you to easily and quickly publish ads. The primary benefit is the ease of use. This snippet from the plugin’s download page says it all: “Create ads as easy as creating posts.”. Yes, it really can be that easy.
- OIO Publisher. If you don’t mind paying a bit ($49) for an advertising plugin, OIO may be the way to go. When it comes to speed, automation, and simplicity, OIO Publisher is second to none.
- WP Pro Advertising System. You get a lot of bang for your buck ($25) with this plugin. There are not many advertising plugins that offer as many tools and features as this one. Not only can you manage campaigns and advertisers, but you can do the same with a variety of statistics. In addition to traditional advertising banners, this plugin allows you to create pop-ups and corner peel ads. For those who want to sell even more space, use the plugin to transform your background into advertising space.
- AdRotate. Don’t let the name of this plugin fool you. Yes, it will automatically rotate your ads as desired. However, there is more to AdRotate. From the dashboard, you can manage current ads, add new ones, edit ad code, preview banners, and much more. If that doesn’t get you excited, this excerpt from the download page will: “AdRotate looks and feels similar to the dashboard you already know, so you’re already familiar with AdRotate before you’ve even started.” With AdRotate, there is not much of a learning curve. Download this free plugin and dive-in!
Make your Choice
If you are searching for a better way to optimize advertising on your WordPress website, one of the five plugins above should be able to help. What are you waiting for? It is time to turn your website into a money making machine.
Want to learn all about building and launching mobile apps for your WordPress site? If you liked this article, you’ll love the Mobile App Strategy Ebook. Download it today, for free.