- Our websites including mobiloud.com, our blog at mobiloud.com/blog and our help site at mobiloud.com/help;
- Our WordPress plugins, including the News and Canvas plugins;
- Our mobile applications (including the MobiLoud and Canvas demo mobile apps for Android and iOS);
- Our app development and publishing services, including all communications with our team;
Information We CollectWe only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to UsIt’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a MobiLoud account, request a demo or use one of our WordPress plugins to provide a name and email address and, occasionally, a phone number.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to one of our plans or a Lifetime License, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, company name, credit card information, VAT number and contact information.
- Credentials: When you use one of our Services, you may decide to provide us with credentials for your website or app, e.g. a WordPress username and password, if you need our help to make any changes on your site, or your iTunes account credentials, for our team to publish your apps.
Information We Collect AutomaticallyWe also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create an account on our website.
- Information About your Website: We may collect information about your website, such as what theme is in use, or if you’re using WooCommerce on your site, in order for us to provide better technical support, suggest appropriate configurations for your app and ensure compatibility with the most used themes and plugins.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that you may take when using our website, our mobile applications or our WordPress plugins, e.g. who did what, when and to what thing on a site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How We Use InformationWe use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, build your apps or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our Users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their apps;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how Users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of MobiLoud and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by MobiLoud and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on MobiLoud and our products; and
How We Share InformationWe do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of MobiLoud, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
SecurityWhile no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
ChoicesYou have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, you will not be able to make use of our Services.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, MobiLoud does not respond to “do not track” signals. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using MobiLoud’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of MobiLoud’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.